Good news for people interested in Retail Design!
Carmen Malvar is offering a summer course together with USA Pratt Institute but open to other national and international students.
Details to the course
- WHAT: Retail Design Course
- WHERE: Elisava School of Design
- LANGUAGE: English
- WHEN: July 15th – July 26th (5am to 9pm)
- COURSE DURATION: 40 hours workshop
- DIRECTION: Carmen Malvar
- AIMED AT: Fashion Designers, Arquitects, Interior Designers, Brand Management, Marketing Product Designers and Visual Merchands. Basic Knowledge of programs in 2D and 3D.
This is a lecture course revolving around lectures, presentations and group discussions. The assigned projects will give students the opportunity to construct a working methodology that will teach them how to develop ideas that can be translated into retail interior proposals.
Project will give students the opportunity to create a retail concept and develop ideas for creating a retail environment for a retailer that currently does not have a retail concept, but does have a brand identity and marketing campaign.
The goal will be to incorporate the information discovered about the company and to conceptually propose a retail shop that conveys the spirit of the corporation as well as incorporating the existing identity.
Class time will be spent on working with individual critiques as well as group discussions, field trips to department stores/ boutiques and lectures. There will be recommendations made on viewing exhibited works and suggested readings.